If You Have Lost Your Pet:
- Have a good look around your home and garden. Cats love enclosed spaces and are notorious for hiding in confined places, like the cupboards, drawers, clothes dryer, etc.
- Visit the local animal shelters. It is worthwhile visiting the local shelters. You should give them a thorough description of your pet, including any distinguishing features. A photo may help. You should also have a look at the stray animals they are holding, in case you recognise your pet! You should visit them every second day, in case your pet is brought in. The animal shelters around this area are:
- Peninsula Animal Aid (Pearcedale RSPCA) - (03) 5978 6706
- Keysborough Animal Shelter (AAPS) - (03) 9798 8044 or (03) 9798 8415
- Contact your neighbours
- Place notices around your neighbourhood
- Place a notice in the newspaper
- Look up Lost and Found Pets
Stray pets can get injured on their adventures, so it is worthwhile contacting the local vet clinics, and leaving a description of your pet with them. Sometimes, members of the public who find stray animals also drop them off at the clinic.